ARE YOU SITTING DOWN??!?!?! I was at school today, working on registration when my cell rang. (I've gotten much better at having it with me!) It was our adoption agency. I was so confused about why they would be calling. I was in the cafeteria, and it was too noisy for me to hear. She sounded so positive- almost like she might be talking about another match!! I quickly headed out into the hall where I could hear better, just in time for me to hear her say,
"She changed her mind!"
I was so confused. "She picked YOU! You all are the ones she wants to raise her baby!" It was starting to sink in, and I started bawling! I quickly ducked into the school conference room for a little privacy. Our birth mother quickly chose the other couple after our meeting yesterday, but after thinking more and praying about it, she woke up this morning and knew she had to change her decision. She called the agency and said, "I want Mark and Corrie to be the ones to raise my baby." YIKES! What a miracle!!!! We LOVE this girl and we couldn't imagine that we would meet someone else who would be so amazing. Then Leslie (the director of our agency) said that she wants us to COME TO HER SONOGRAM appointment next week!!! Our birth mom said she knows it's last minute, so if we can't come (seriously?? can't come??!) then she'll be sure to get pictures for us. It was amazing to watch that little baby kick in her belly as we talked, but what an amazing joy it will be to be able to see the baby in action in a sonogram!! (Yes, don't worry, there will SO be a blog post about it!!)
I immediately called Mark, bawling, for the 2nd time in a week. It was just one week ago today when we got the call that she wanted to meet us! Mark was SO EXCITED!! It took him a minute to understand what I was saying through all the tears and craziness. He was just as floored as I was! We walked out of yesterday's interview in love with this girl. The meeting was going so well that we were actually wondering at the end if we had already been picked. We were confused when we found out she initially chose the other couple, but we felt an overwhelming peace, so completely overwhelming that it could only come from God. I was really surprised that I never cried. If you know me, you know I'm a crier, so this was not like me at all. Now we know why we felt such peace!! We both started calling our families and relaying the story to everyone. SO FUN!! We have waited many, many years to be able to say "WE'RE HAVING A BABY!" I think my dad's response about sums it up. He said, "This is the greatest news I can imagine!" :)
I need to back up a bit before I can tell you the next part. We decided to adopt back in January. Mark and I have had this feeling the entire time that our baby would be a girl. I know a lot of you have just "known" what gender your baby would be before your first sono, but there's not a baby in my belly, so it was a bit strange. Well, you guessed it...
IT'S a GIRL!!!!!
We were both so excited to hear that during the match meeting!! I cannot wait for all things girl!! Just wait until you see what we have planned for the nursery... Here are the rest of the stats on our precious baby girl!!
Due Date: October 2nd
Current Age: 32 weeks this Friday
Health: excellent
Length of time to prep: 8 weeks or LESS!! :)
10 comments:
PRAISE THE LORD!!!! YAY!!!! We are throwing a small party over here at our casa because we are just SO EXCITED for you guys!!! I can't wait to hear more! Enjoy every minute of these next several weeks!
I cannot even believe it! I just wrote my comment on your other post a few hours ago! I am SOOO EXCITED for you!! I'm going to have to go buy you some hair bows!! YEAH!!!!
That is so exciting! I am so happy for you! :)
I woke up early this morning because I am too excited to even sleep! I am in awe of God's goodness and His plan--WOW! Baby Boy Rinn & Baby Girl Long are going to have quite a story.... ;) We love all THREE of you & can't wait for October!
I'm beside myself with excitement!!!! I missed the post on Tuesday but just got the double whammy now!! Unbelievable!!! Don't we serve an AMAZING GOD!!!!! Congrats you guys...can't wait to hug your necks AND meet this precious little girl!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!
Praise the Lord!
This is soooo cool! SOOOO excited for you!!
We are so excited for you all and so love how God works out every detail for His plan!!! We have loved following your sweet journey and can't wait to meet this precious little sweet girl! Jim and Jan
Corrie! I am so THRILLED for you guys! I know this seems very strange, but from the moment you told me you got the call from the birth mom to meet you - I KNEW this baby would be yours. So when I read on Tuesday that she didn't pick you I was so confused. But now it all makes sense!!! SO SO happy for you and we cannot wait to meet this sweet baby girl! :)
Yay Corrie. I am so glad that you shared! WE will be praying for your little miracle! I have something I sooo want to get to you. Are you still at Heritage?!
Post a Comment