We had such a fun family weekend. I'll be blogging about that soon (with lots of pictures!) but for now I need to write about the big day!
After we got matched with our sweet birth mom last week, she invited us to come to her sonogram. We met up with a social worker from the agency and her at her doctor's office. While we waited we chatted about all we've done to get ready for Baby Long since we got the call. We told her about talking with all of you until 1:30 am on Wednesday. We told her about planning showers, setting up the crib, and even starting on the baby bedding. I happened to have the swatches of fabric that Mark's sister Megan and I picked out this weekend in my purse and was even able to show her. She LOVED the pink and green. (You all will have to wait until later this week to see!)
Then she said, "Oh wait! I have something for you guys!" She pulled a STACK of tiny photos out of her purse. I saw the black and white pictures and recognized that distinctive size right away. It was all of the sono pictures from her entire pregnancy!! Mark and I poured over those pictures of our beautiful baby. We must have gone through that stack 4 times! SHE IS PERFECT. :) Then, as I tried to hand them back, she said, "No, they are for you guys! I want you all to keep them." My heart melted even more for this selfless, beautiful young woman. I know they are just pictures, but they are all she has, and it was just a taste of what I will feel when she places her baby in our arms. We will be crying tears of joy, but I know it will be agony for her to let this precious baby go. It makes me cry to even write about it!
Mark, our birth mom and I headed back to the sono room. I can't even put into words what it was like to see our tiny baby stretch and move. I know many of you remember that feeling of seeing your little one, and we were so excited to finally experience that for the first time. It was unbelievable. She is still definitely a girl (whew!) and it absolutely perfect. We got to see all of her organs and parts, her sweet little face, and even her head full of hair! Big hair bows, here we come!!!
The four of us headed out to lunch at Cheddars together to chat a bit more. I LOVE getting to know her even more. I know one day I'll be able to say, you know, your birth mom loved _____ too! She told us that after she picked us, she walked by the fridge and noticed a card our adoption agency gave her when she first contacted them. It dawned on her that it was the same scripture that we wrote about in our scrapbook profile! She said it was just great affirmation from God that she made the right decision. I love it when God reassures us like that!
For now, we've decided that since this is all so new, we are not going to post her sono pictures on the internet for all to see. Be sure to ask me to see them if you see me in person! Thanks, Lindsey for my super cute pink brag book! It's FULL of sweet pictures already!
She has had 5 sonograms so far, because they keep finding things "wrong" with the baby that they want to keep an eye on. She said that every time she goes back to the doctor, the problem is no where to be found! I know that many of you have been praying for her since before we knew her, and I'm not surprised at all that our baby is in perfect health. Thank you, God!!
PS- Do you LOVE the new pink layout? My friend Jessica, who has two adorable girls, gave me the idea of making the blog all girlie!!
Look for a fun "Getting Ready for Baby Girl Long" post coming soon!!
1 comment:
Soo glad to hear that it went well. Can't wait to hear all about the details! Love ya'll :)
Post a Comment