Friday, January 22, 2010

Part 2- Christmas with the Beams

Landrie and I have been having a great time together, and I haven't been posting blogs as much as I'd like to! If I don't write it all down now, I know I'll forget it all too soon!

We had an amazing Christmas with Mark's family. Then we headed to Houston for round 2 of Christmas. The fun times just keep coming!

Nonny knit a beautiful stocking for each of her children and their spouses, her grandchildren and their spouses, and now she's knitting them for her great grandchildren! Landrie's stocking was her 13th great grandchild stocking to make!! We tried to count, and I think she's made well over 40 of them!

I didn't realize how special it would be to see a stocking for our baby hung up on the mantle next to her cousins. I cried when I saw it! As kids we loved these stocking because they are huge and stretchy- which meant lots of toys could fit inside. It's even big enough for our best Christmas gift ever! She looked so stinkin' adorable in it!!

One of Landrie's other great- grandmas, Mimi, had such a great time holding and playing with her! Landrie just grinned and grinned. I am so thankful that all 4 of her great grandmas now live in Texas and will get to watch her grow up. :)

Brookie stood in line (seriously!) to get her turn to love on Landrie. Who wouldn't want to hold her? :) Between grandparents, great grandmas, aunts, uncles, and cousins, you have to call dibs quickly if you're going to get a snuggle or two.

My parents have one of those singing Christmas things, you know, the kind that plays a song and dances? The kids were pressing it so much they couldn't put it down for the picture! Braiden, Bennett, Brooke and Eric (Melissa was getting the presents!)

Bennett was SO excited about his new bike!!


Aunt Melissa took me seriously when I said I wanted a million things monogrammed with our baby's name on it. I LOVE it!!

Mark tried to pose Landrie under the tree with all the gifts. She wasn't too sure about it...


Bennett's birthday isn't long after Christmas, so we celebrated it with a bowling party while we were all together. Isn't he a sweet 4 year old??

Braiden is our oldest nephew, and I can't believe he's almost 12!! He LOVES taking care of Landrie, and she gives him all her best grins!

My super cute honey must have bowled a strike!



Nonny and my mom took care of Landrie. She didn't bowl this time; it's hard to bowl when the ball weighs almost as much as you!

Kevin, Christy and crew, we missed you guys! We are glad we got to celebrate early with you and wish you were with us instead of stuck on an airplane! :)

I hope you had an amazing Christmas with your family too. After feeling this OVERWHELMING love for our only daughter this Christmas, it's even more amazing to me that God would send His only son for us so that we could have a relationship with Him. Wow!

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

John 3:16 NIV

1 comment:

David and Bethany said...

I'm so glad you posted about Landrie's first Christmas....it motivated me to finally finish the post about Isaac's first! ;) I LOVE the picture of Landrie in her own personalized stocking! I can't wait to see that one without the pink oval. Isn't it amazing how fast things can change in a year?...even though at the time it feels like forever. God is so good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails