Abigail
Addison
Ainsley
Allison (Allie)
Alyssa
Ana
Anderson
Annabella (Bella)
Annabelle
Annaliese
Annick
Annika
Arden
Ashton
Audrey
Ava
Betsy
Bristol
Bryton/Brighton
Callie (Calista)
Caroline
Caroline Corlista
Carys
Charlotte
Chloe
Claire
Darla
Delany
Eden-delight
Edyn
Eliot
Elizabeth
Ella
Emerson
Emory/Emery/Emeri-brave and powerful
Faith
Finley
Fiona
Freya
Gemma
Georgia
Grace
Gracelyn
Hadley
Hannah
Hannah Jane
Harper
Ireland- country of
Isabelle
Jaden-God has heard
Julia
Juliana
Juliette
Kami
Katie
Kinley
Kira
Laney/Lainey
Larissa
Laurel
Lauren
Leah
Leeann
Lexi
Leyton/Leighton
Libby-God's promise
Lila
Lily/Lillie/Lilly
Linden
Lindsey
Linleigh/Lynleigh
Liora-God's gift of light to me
Lochlyn
Logan
Lola
Loni
Lorelei Hope/Lorelei Faith
Lucy
Lydia
Lynleigh
Malachai
Mia
Morgan
Naomi
Natasha (Tasha)
Neely-champion
Nieva
Olivia
Penelope (Penny)
Phoebe
Piper
Rachel
Reagan
Riley
Ruby
Ruby Corlista
Sarah
Savannah-open plain
Saylor
Scarlet
Shaeffer
Shiloh-his gift
Sighlor
Sinead
Skylar
Sophie
Stella
Tatem
Taylor
Teagan-poet
Teleri
Tessa
Tori
Violet
Vivianne
Zoe
(Some people included the meaning, and some put middle names too!)
Whew!! That's a LOT of names! I whittled the list down to our top 10-20, then did a few more things.
- 1. Check the meaning. We loved the name Mallory last time (Mark's initials are MAL) but it means bad luck!
- 2. Check the popularity by looking at the Social Security baby name website. I LOVE this one! You can search by state or year and see what the name ranks. How popular was your name in the year you were born?? This former teacher doesn't want a super popular name, even though some are so cute!
- 3. Google each one to make sure we aren't overlooking some association that we wouldn't want our sweet little girl to be stuck with! Is it the name of some awful character on a show we don't watch?
SO, now we are down to just 7 first names and 3 middle names. The good news is that I think I'd be happy with any of them! It's just so much pressure to pick the PERFECT name. I told Mark I thought it would be easier if we were having quintuplet girls. Then we'd just have to pick our top 5! :)
1 comment:
I found your blog a few months ago while I myself was googling the name Landrie....like you I love unique and different/uncommon names and really like the name Landrie if we ever have another girl (our first is named Hadley). I can't wait to see what you decide to name her. Good luck!
Becca
Post a Comment