Monday, October 24, 2011

We are a MESS!

Whew!  We've officially survived the first 7 weeks of sweet Tatem's life.  I would love to tell you that after 7 weeks I have it all together, but that would be a big lie!  The truth is that we are a MESS!  Usually I post the good pictures, or the ones I pose of the girls.  Up until Tatem was born, I don't think I had any of Landrie bow-less on here...and that's because she never was!

Kick, kick, kick!  This is one of the many crazy shots I got trying to get their pictures in the shirts that I spent hours making.  Can you find Tatem??

I was trying to take a cute picture of Tatem.  With Landrie, I used to do all kinds of cute set ups, and I took her picture ALL the time.  I was feeling guilty for not doing it as much with Tatem!

I got about 5 seconds to shoot, then Landrie hopped in, with a big "CHEESE!"  My niece Abbie was over, so Abbie, Landrie and PUNKIN got together and sat on the fireplace so I could appease Landrie and take her picture.  Of course, in all the excitement, the pumpkin got knocked over, rolled off the fireplace and several feet over to where Tatem was still posed.  It knocked that sweet baby in the head!  What a mess!

Showers and baths are not easy to come by when life is this upside down.  We all know you can't leave a baby or toddler alone in the bath, so I've tried several things.  I think this one is the winner!  Landrie had a blast, and Tatem seemed to enjoy it too. :)

Life may be upside down right now, but I love it!  I waited many, many years to have my hands and heart overflowing.  I am so thankful for this crazy, not-always-easy stage of life we are in right now.  :)  

4 comments:

Jennjilla said...

Your days look very similar to mine (minus the pink and bows - I have two boys!) and I love the crazy! Having two is hard in some ways, but it's fun to see them play together! We love it so much!

David and Bethany said...

Ahh, what a sweet post. I love the picture of Landrie jumping in and saying "cheese!" in front of Tatem. I had to remind myself that I waited for crazy days, too, last night...especially after I saw 986 toys spread throughout the house and up and down the stairs. :)

Marcie said...

You have 2 very precious little girls! I can't wait for our life to turn "crazy" too! So So happy for you and your little family!

Angela said...

I only have one and I feel like I am a mess sometimes. :) Your girls are just adorable. And, thanks for the advice on the breathable bumper...I have one on order!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails