Tuesday, March 1, 2011

BIG NEWS!!!!!

Last fall, God gave us peace about pursuing another adoption!  We were ELATED!!!  Of course, in addition to starting on our scrapbook and updating paperwork, I started searching ETSY for big sister shirts. :)  You see, we had some extra time on our hands because our agency has a rule that you can't turn in your paperwork until your youngest is 18 months old.  Landrie's 1/2 birthday will be March 14th!  My plan was to announce our adoption plans on Feb. 1st so I could write about it all on here!  Wait a minute...it's MARCH 1st... Well, sometimes God has other plans in mind, and we've learned to roll with it!

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5

So, TODAY Landrie has something to share with you!


Yup, she's going to be a BIG SISTER!!!!

We were ready and waiting to work with Inheritance (our favorite agency!) but God had other plans.  We LOVE adoption; some might even say we are a bit passionate about it! :)  I've been talking with several friends, and even some strangers about their adoption plans and couldn't wait to join in again.  Then, very early one morning, we got some COMPLETELY unexpected news.  Can you guess it??  I sure wouldn't!  Mark and I saw two little, tiny pink lines that will forever change our future.  


Glory belongs to God, whose power is at work in us. By this power he can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine. 
Ephesians 3:20

Little Baby Long, we can't wait to meet you on September 1st!  

8 comments:

Erica Williams said...

what awesome news! congratulations!!!!

parsonsfamily said...

Wow, that is amazing news!! So so happy for you!

The Herd said...

My mom passed this news along, but I had to wait to say congrats til you shared it! So happy for you all---for you to experience birth from another side, for Landrie to have a lil sibling...and for Mark to have to say BREATHE once again during another birth of a little one!!

jenna leigh said...

so thrilled for you guys!!! What a wonderful testimony of God's faithfulness.

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

that is SO exciting!! God's timing is amazing...congrats!! :)

Steve, Tracy, Wesley & Reeve said...

Words cannot express how excited we are for you Corrie!!! I love that God had other plans in store to expand your family. Landrie is going to be the best big sister! And it goes without saying that you and Mark will rock it out as parents for baby #2!

Jill said...

What amazing news! I recently started following your blog and your story fills me with so much hope as we wait on our little miracle from God! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I recently started following your blog..through Kelly's Korner tell us your adoption stories ever sine I read your story i have been following you! I am so happy for you guys! Little Landrie will be a great big sister! Are you guys still going to pursue adoption number two?

Brittany S

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails