Monday, March 14, 2011

18 month cutie!

WOW!  I can't believe our sweet baby girl is 18 months old today!  Mark's sister Megan helped me take some adorable pictures of her last week.  I LOVE to look back on little things that I wrote on this blog.  I can't believe I've already forgotten about some of the things Landrie used to do!  Let's check out what this 18 month old is up to...

Landrie, you are still a complete joy to your daddy and me!  Well, if I have to be honest, you are a joy to everyone around you!  Your current favorite things to eat are Honey Nut Cheerios (a mommy-craving turned Landrie food!), yogurt, hot dogs, MILK, cheese (just like daddy!), and anything sweet.  

You are so ticklish and love to laugh.  You've started a new thing where you sneak up on your daddy and me and "scare" us.  I think you would do it 100x in a row, and you just belly laugh every time!

Landrie, you are so into your babies and lovies right now.  Each nap time and bed time, you have to have ALL of them in your arms.  As we hold them out to you and say, "Do you want Moomoo chickchick?" You nod your head furiously, sometimes say "yes," then squeeze the baby like crazy when we hand it to you.  :)  By the time we leave the room, you have 6-8 babies in your arms!  During the day, you put them in their bed and sometimes even cover them with a blanket, just like daddy does for you each night.  

Speaking of sleeping, you are still doing great with sleeping 7pm-7am, and many days it's closer to 8 by the time you get up!  For the past two weeks, you've skipped your nap about half the time.  Maybe it's time I start waking you up earlier... :)

You are talking up a storm!  You say 20+ words, but most of them are just similar to the real word.  We are always saying to each other, "Did you hear that?? I think she just said _______!"  These are our favorites:
tan oooo (thank you!)
eeeesssee (cheese for the camera)
'gin (again)
Mommy, Mom, Momma, Daddy, Dada (she says these perfectly!)
baby
duh (duck)
bye bye (of course, it's accompanied by a wave and lots of blowing kisses)
and, your favorite to say is "mil" (milk)

Your daddy's favorite part of this age is how mobile you are!  You are always running around the house, following us everywhere we go.  We never have to wonder if you're hungry.  You climb up in your high chair by yourself!  When Daddy says it's time for night-night or that he's going to change your diaper, you run right to your room!

You love to spend your days with Mommy, but you light up when Daddy walks in the door!  You two have so much fun wrestling together on the floor.  

Oh, the books!  How could I forget to mention the books??  You will bring me book after book and just sit and snuggle for a looooong time in my lap as we read them.  You are still a huge fan of the lift-the-flap books and love to point out all the things I ask you about and make all the animal noises too.  

Your daddy and I waited for YEARS for God to bring you to us, and during that time we dreamed about how much we would love a baby.  Our minds could not even wrap around the immense love we have for you!!  You are such a precious gift to us!

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.  

James 1:17


4 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Oh, she is such a doll, Corrie! Seriously, the second picture where she's giggling with her eyes closed...I could look at it all day, it just makes me smile!

momMYsliceoflife said...

What a sweet doll baby!

David and Bethany said...

Sniff! This made me tear up! The pictures are great--I especially love the 3rd one.

jenna leigh said...

love that! especially your last comment.. i can relate :D

what a big girl!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails