Tuesday, March 22, 2011

nursery ideas!

I'm linking up with Lyndsie, a sweet girl who is waiting to adopt!  She's doing a day on nursery ideas, so check out all the fun links there!

I am so excited about decorating Landrie's big girl room (we'll be reusing a lot of her cute nursery things!) and the new baby's nursery!  Kids' rooms offer a chance to do something bold or whimsical that you could never pull off in the main part of your home!  I've been checking out some ideas....

Gender Neutral:
When we were adopting, I looked at a lot of gender neutral nurseries.  You never know if you'll have months or mere minutes to prep!  I liked ones that I could add in some girl or boy touches.



Green and black from here.


This one with orange stripes is fun, but I would leave the brown out.  I'd add in turquoise or hot pink when we got a baby!


I love the red on this one.

BOY nurseries:



Oh my!  I love the paint treatment and this shade of blue with the white!  You can see more pictures of the nursery (complete with gorgeous wood floors) here.


I like the nontraditional colors of this one.

GIRL nurseries:

I know this is the girl section, but the red walls look so cute with this bedding!

Harlington Crib Sheeting
Here's the Pottery Barn bedding from the room shot above.  So fun!


I love the sweet femininity of the petal pink and gray here.  And of course, I LOVE the monogram. :)


How relaxing is this one?  There are lots more pictures at that link too.  That would make her sleep through the night, right? :)

Oh, and here's one more girl one.  It's Landrie's precious pink and green paisley nursery!  We had to put it together in just a few weeks after Brianna chose us!


It's always fun too look at ideas!!  Just 10 more days until we can start decorating with PINK or BLUE!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I say don't go neutral cause this time around you actually have a chance to decorate! :)

Saw your missed call! :( Didn't hear it.

A Love Worth Waiting For.... said...

I LOVE these nursery ideas!!

Thanks for sharing!

The Herd said...

Love the ideas! Can't wait til you find out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails