Friday, March 25, 2011

It's VOTING time!!

Nope, it's not November, but it IS time to VOTE!  This election is much more fun, and much less stressful. :)  We find out Baby Long's gender in just a few days, and we'd love to get your opinion!



PLEASE vote!!  It will be so fun!!  The poll is at the bottom of this post if you're too impatient to wait. :)  Of course you want to be an educated voter, so here's all the old wives' tales I could round up for you.

In this particular old wives' tale, if you are carrying your baby low, it is predicted that your baby's gender will be male. If you are carrying high, then, it is predicted that your baby's gender will be female.
Not a huge bump yet, but I think it's pretty low!


So, craving chocolate or other sweets during pregnancy would mean that you are going to have a boy, whereas if you crave sour things like lemons your will have a boy. 
I've singlehandedly eaten many bags of candy in the last few weeks...


If your husband gains weight, you will be having a girl. If he doesn't gain weight, you'll be having a boy.
Mark's gained a whopping 2 pounds!


Some people believe that if your baby has a fast heart rate, near 170 beats per minute, then that means you are having a girl, and that if your baby’s heart rate is closer to 150 beats per minute then you are having a boy.
At our 13 week appointment, the baby's heart rate was 156 beats per minute.  At our 8 week sono, it was 182...


If your face is round then you are having a girl, long and narrow means a boy.
Oh, I so win in the round category!


They say that if you eat a clove of garlic, and the smell comes out through your pores then you are having a boy. If no garlic is detected then you are having a girl. 
Okay, I really want to know the baby's gender, but not THIS bad!!  Ewww!


I think those questions and results will be REALLY helpful in determining the actual gender.  haha!  Here's the poll!  If it's not showing up, just refresh the page.  :)






If I would have known about this test a few weeks ago, I would probably have taken it!  You can get it at CVS or Walgreens, and for $30 you can take an at-home test as early as 10 weeks!!!  My friend Mandy took it, and her sonogram results were a match!

I got all those old wives tales from these websites:
http://www.babygenderprediction.com/gender-old-wives-tales.html
http://www.babiesonline.com/articles/pregnancy/genderoldwivestales.asp

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails