Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Landrie & Tatem's 1st Nutcracker

I think many moms of little girls dream of taking their daughter to the Nutcracker!  I thought about taking Landrie this year for about 2 seconds before deciding that she's too young.  Then, we were at the library, and the sweet librarian told us that a shortened version of the Nutcracker would be coming to the library!

We were on the second row of a packed library!  The girls were just captivated.  Well, Landrie was for most of the 30-40 minute show.  Tatem liked the dancing and music, but she really liked the Smarties that I secretly fed her to keep her still and quiet. :)

Landrie was a little shy about meeting the ballerinas, but she introduced herself.  Do you remember that feeling?  I remember teaching elementary school when a high school choir came to perform.  My kids all were thrilled to get their autograph because they thought they were REALLY famous!

The ballerinas were so sweet!

It was way past bedtime, but Tatem chatted with some ballerinas too. :)  Her physical therapist suggested that we enroll Tatem in ballet when she turns two to help keep the flexibility in her neck and help her to use the muscles on both sides of her body.  I think she would love it, but two seems SO young!

Of course, Landrie's been twirling around the house ever since!  She tells everyone, "We went to the Nutcracker Buh-lay!!"

The line to see Santa was ridiculous, so we went outside to check out the REAL reindeer!  

What a fun mommy/daughter date night!  

2 comments:

jenna leigh said...

oh fun! we almost went to that! too bad we didnt. and smarties ARE THE BEST thing ever. they take noah about 3 mins to open them and then he eats them slowly. i carry them at all times. haha!

David and Bethany said...

What a fun post! I can't wait to take Emma to "The Nutcracker!"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails