GUESS WHAT?! Tatem is helmet FREE!!! That's right, look at my baby and her beautiful, symmetrical head!
Oh, I just love her!
"Silly, stinky helmet, I don't need you anymore!"
"You see, at first my head measurements were not symmetrical. They were 6.3mm off. It's called plagiocephaly. Our goal was to get the difference down to 3.1mm. After 8 weeks, it was only down to 6.1mm."
"But 3 SHORT WEEKS later, and after LOTS of prayers, it's down to 1.8mm difference! I blew right past that goal they set for me!"
My head looked just like this. They carved out the inside of the helmet to hold the parts that stuck out too far and let the flat parts grow. It worked!
Here's Tatem just a few days earlier. Never again! :) Of course she's SO cute with or without the helmet, but it changed her face so much!
"Whew! These pictures wear me out. I think I'm going to play with my hair (yay!) and suck my thumb. Ahhh...this is the life." :)
PS- We are already 1.5 weeks into Tatem's hip dysplaysia treatment! At 6 weeks, we will start weaning off of it, and at 12 weeks we should be through!

1 comment:
Yay Tatem!!! You were so cute helmet or no helmet, but I know your Mama is glad to say goodbye to it! :)
Post a Comment