Monday, April 2, 2012

Spring Break 2012!

Yup!  We are still clinging to the ole spring break tradition around here!  As I teacher I LOVED it, and now it doesn't mean nearly as much to me, but my mom was off for the week, so we celebrated with a visit to my parents' house in Houston. :)

My brother and his family joined us too!
One day we headed to the Houston Mueseum of Science and History.  Landrie ADORES her cousins.  
Adelynn, Abbie, Landrie and Anna

We got to check out the butterfly exhibit too!  They had lots to see before the actual butterflies.

My mom snuggled Tatem.  I think Tatem's checking out a giant bug leg!

My true love and I headed into the jungle.  If you've been to Houston, you probably have a very vivid memory of how humid it is!  The only thing more humid is the indoor rain forest full of butterflies!  

Tatem with her P-Pa and GranJan!

Me, my mom and Tatem, Christy and Anna

There were thousands of butterflies everywhere you looked!

The centerpiece of the indoor rain forest was this huge waterfall.  

The cousins at the base of the waterfall:)

We all cracked up at this! You know how museums have little interactive videos?  Well, this one guy on there looked just like my dad!  He had a mustache for ages too. :)

My brother and his girls!
Anna, Christy, Abbie, Kevin and Adelynn

The Long Family :)

They had these little nacho cheese insects you could buy and eat.  Ewww...  My mom, Landrie, Abbie and Kevin were the brave souls who tried them.  Check out Landrie's face!  

The girls rode home with us.  I asked everyone what their favorite part was.  Was it seeing the huge dinosaurs?  The gem and jewelry exhibit?  The butterflies landing on their arms?  Nope, it was this little interactive fossil dig.  They finally had to close it to get the girls to leave!  :)

This amazing Africa exhibit had animals that were posed to look so life-like!  Mark's mom was actually in Africa with Rafiki while we were at the exhibit!  Do you see Landrie's look of adoration at her big cousins?  So sweet!

Could this be any cuter??  We had such a great time!  The girls love being spoiled and playing with GranJan and P-Pa!

I took a few of my parents by themselves, because once you have kids, it seems like these shots are few and far between!

I love this one!

Spring break always makes me start thinking about summertime.  I can't wait to see what a summer with two sweet little girls will hold!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails