Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Festivities

Well, I already blogged about the Keller Egg Scramble here.  Landrie had a ball, so I knew she'd have fun doing it again with some sweet friends. :)
This cutie loved every minute of it!  She gets SO excited to play with her friends.  She names them all and their mommies too.  She squeals really, really loud, like only a little girl can every few names.  haha!

Then my parents came in for the weekend to celebrate Easter and my brother's birthday!
We went to the Friday night service at church.  My parents snapped a picture before we ran out the door!

Saturday we headed over to my brother's house for his SURPRISE 40th party! 
 (I need to add here that I am MUCH younger than him! :) )
This cutie was ready to party!

The girls loved all the extra attention from my parents this weekend!

Landrie and my dad!  I love that Landrie has a dirt "beard" in all these pictures!  She played hard with all the big kids.
My brother and his wife drove in from New Orleans to celebrate!  Aunt Melissa got some good snuggle time in with Miss Tatem. 

So did Uncle Eric!  

Kevin was COMPLETELY surprised!  He drove up to a huge banner and all of us!  How did Christy pull of the surprise?  Well, she had major back surgery the next day, so he didn't expect her to be out of bed much, and she didn't tell her kids. :)

So happy!
Christy and the birthday boy!

My uncle and cousin drove in for the party too!  My aunt is in South Africa visiting my other cousin, who is expecting her first baby.  Beth, your dad was getting some good practice!  :)

Look at that cutie!!  I love you, Baby!

My mom made her famous, ridiculously good Texas Sheet Cake!  

It's not a party until someone gets pushed in the pool. :)

Tatem is usually awake 1-2 hours at a time.  She stayed awake for almost the ENTIRE party!  She only took one little catnap in the moby wrap.  She was a happy baby though!

Sunday morning Landrie woke up with a stomach bug, so we skipped out on brunch with the whole family.  Of course we still threw on their Easter dresses and did a quick egg hunt!  She forgot all about her tummy ache when we mentioned hunting eggs. :)  My non-napping Landrie took a 4 hour nap after my parents left.  It was a FULL weekend, and she was tuckered out!

I just love my little Easter eggs. :)

(If you missed out on their other precious Easter pictures, click here!)

2 comments:

Venessa said...

New follower here! Love reading your adoption story. I am always so happy to meet other adoptive mommas who seek to have open relationships with the birth mommas!

Beth Alt said...

Love reading your blog! Wish we could have been with all of you for the party!! :) Dad looks very comfy with your sweetie! They are adorable. Love, Beth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails