Sunday, August 22, 2010

Home Sweet Home

We made it!  Friday afternoon we left Mark's parents' house in Florida and headed for the airport to come back to TEXAS!!

I was a bit a WHOLE LOT worried about how this whole wheelchair/baby/long flight/me in pain/no one to help Mark thing was going to work out.  All day Thursday and Friday morning I felt horrible- even laying completely still things were just not good.  Things perked up at midnight on Friday when Mark came back to get us, but I still felt uber yucky.

We left my in laws' garage at 2:30pm.  We pulled into our own garage 9 HOURS LATER.  It was a long day... but thankfully I started feeling much better soon into the trip!  I never would have made it feeling like I did earlier.  Thank you God, for giving me a healthy plane trip!

That's me in the wheelchair*, riding in style!  Mark had the overly-full diaper bag, a backpack, the stroller, Landrie and me!!  He is going to be exhausted at the end of this 6 weeks!  Thankfully they have people at the airport to wheel you through security, to your gate and even to meet your connecting flight during a 25 minute layover!  (and yes, it's the same dress from the other post. :) I spent all my time in Florida rotating between 2 sun dresses and a hospital gown!)

This is the only other picture I took, but it shows it all:  Landrie taking everything out of her bag and throwing it on the floor, Mark in the background poised with a burp cloth and distracting toy, Landrie's hand moving so fast it's blurry, Landrie sitting in her own seat and Landrie on outfit #2 with no bow. (and you know how I like the bows!)  This was leg #1 of 3...

Here is the trip in numbers, just because I am just a numbers girl!

22 days in Florida
11 hours in the ER
5 days in the hospital
7 cups of cherry jello (at least!)
2 ridiculously kind and over the top caring in laws
5 types of pain meds
100 kind notes and calls from friends and family that we love!!
1,237 huge Landrie Grace grins :)
6 wheelchair rides
3 airplane stops
1 extra seat in between us for our lap child on every leg!  
9 hours of travel
14 minutes of a screaming baby on the plane
2 packs of MumMums, 47 cheerios, 2 EXTRA bottles and 9 toys on the plane
87 spit ups (I think she officially set her record, folks)
1 amazing husband, who I could not possibly love more!

Today we were home all day and life was good.  :)  I think it's going to be awhile before this family of 3 takes a vacation again!!

*Just to clarify, I can walk, but just down the hall.  I never could have made those endless miles of airport walking!  Plus, Landrie thought it was hilarious when she realized mommy was in a "stroller" rolling along next to her!!

1 comment:

David and Bethany said...

It made me so happy to give little Landrie a kiss this morning at church! You're back!!! I wish I could have seen both of you riding side by side. So happy you're home!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails