Thursday, May 16, 2013

Yup, BABY #3 is on the way!!

Oh my!!  We have LOVED sharing our exciting news about this newest tiny bundle of joy on the way!  THANK YOU for all of your sweet words!!  We are just over the moon excited to be adding another little one to the family.  It's been a wild ride!

We've been trying to have a baby since Tatem was born, and also were very, very open to adopting again. We were just waiting on God's perfect timing to see what He had in store!  The past few months have been CRAZY.

January:
Mark quit his job, started a full- time internship and started school full time as well!

February:
Mark's school and new job were in full swing!  It was the evening before Mark's 40th birthday, February 5th.  It was impossible for me to know if I was pregnant or not yet.  Yet, while I was in the middle of working on something, I just so weirdly and very clearly felt like God was prompting me to take a test!  So, at 4:00 pm, I took at test.  If you've ever been down a similar road, you know that you ONLY take a test first thing in the morning, so this was really crazy to take it so late in the day! :)  I was SHOCKED to see two lines!  I had to take it outside into the sunshine to double check!  Somehow, I managed to keep it a secret until the following morning. :)

I kept asking Mark when he wanted his "BIG GIFT," and he was so nonchalant about it!  Finally, I told him he HAD to open it before work.  Happy 40th Birthday, my love! 

I very clearly remember what morning sickness was like from Tatem, so I ran out the next day and stocked our pantry like we were prepping for the end of the world. :)  I made lots of meals and packed our freezer too!  

March, April & May:
We tried to let this fantastic news sink in!  I was thankful for lots of morning sickness to assure us that I had plenty of pregnancy hormones and a healthy pregnancy!  It actually worked out great that Mark has zero vacation days during his internship and was in school full time.  We didn't do much, and that was just what I needed!  At the beginning of May, Mark had his last day of school!!  I was so happy, I cried!  He will continue the internship until August, apply to take state and federal tests, pass them with flying colors, then, right before the baby is due he should be able to get a full time job!

Fast forward to MAY:
Now I'm 17 weeks and feeling great!  We've had a couple of sonograms with this cutie already.  He or she looks beautiful and perfectly healthy!  We were so hoping that at the 16 week sono we could find out the baby's gender, but it was modest.  It kept reaching back and scratching its booty, so my doctor is guessing that it's a boy.  haha!  Landrie loved that too. :)  It even looked like the baby was sucking it's thumb, just like one of its big sisters. Love!  Our due date is October 20th, just 7 weeks after Tatem turns 2 and 5 weeks after Landrie turns 4.  How crazy is that??  If you would have asked 22 year-old me about my future family, this is exactly what I was dreaming of!  God is so precious and really, really cares about every detail of our lives!


So, what about Landrie and Tatem?  Oh, at 3 1/2 years old, Landrie totally gets it!  She is ecstatic that we are going to have a new baby!  Her current favorite things are stuffing her shirts with baby dolls so she also has a baby in her tummy, and putting her hand on my belly while I make giant fake "kicks!"  For awhile, she asked me everyday, "So, how is the baby going to get out?"  I just told her, "Well, when God says it's the right time, we will go to the hospital, and she'll just come out!  Want a snack??"  haha!  I don't know how long those tactics will hold her off. :)  Tatem is 20 months old, so she doesn't quite get it, but she's always pointing at my belly and saying "baby," thinks it's hilarious when Landrie stuffs one in her shirt, and loves to feel those kicks too. :)  I don't know if I've ever seen a little one as obsessed with baby dolls (and friends' real life babies!) as Tatem, so I know she'll love the baby too!  

We are so excited to see what the next few months hold!  It's sure to be exciting!!




  

2 comments:

Beja {Howdy-Honey.com} said...

HOW exciting!!!! Congratulations! You are such amazing parents, and I know a 3rd baby will be soooo good! What a neat journey!

Burchfield said...

Congrats. God's grace and timing never cease to amaze me. He plans for us in ways we cannot even imagine for ourselves. God is good.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails