Saturday, June 20, 2009

Have you slept here?

I am so excited! We just set up a very special item for our baby. It's the cradle! It's not just any cradle, but one that TWENTY ONE of my family members have all slept in!! When D and Nonny first started having grandkids, they wanted their grandkids to sleep in something special. So, they bought this Amish-made cradle for all of us. We passed it around from family to family as they had more grandkids. After the grandkids, now 12 greatgrandkids have slept in it too. Nonny has countless pictures of tiny babies sleeping peacefully in the cradle up on her infamous picture wall. I can't wait to send her a picture of the cradle with our baby in it!

Isn't it beautiful? Every baby has his full name and birthday engraved on the well-loved plaque.

Can you find your name??

Thank you, Kevin and Christy for bringing it back from Corpus for us! You never know how soon we'll need it... :) It gave me an excuse to hang out with my sweet nieces when I went over to pick it up. I didn't take any pictures while I was there, but I'll get some next time. We also took Max to the best vet ever. Our dog Max has a clean bill of health, so we're one step closer to completing everything on our list!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's gorgeous!!! Love the tradition!

Anonymous said...

That is so special! I love that all your names are on it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails