Well, I started reading my first baby book this week. It's so fun to actually get to start doing "baby stuff" now. I need your suggestions! What baby books did you love, and which ones should I stay away from? Leave a comment and let me know!! I've got all summer to read up on everything. Of course I should be focusing on finishing the school year and moving my classroom, but I've got baby on the brain! :)
6 comments:
Baby 411 by Dr. Ari Brown - it's the best book...i use it ALL THE TIME!!! (Plus, she's a really good friend of my family's and I trust her advice!)
I second Baby 411 great book, to the point and easy to read. Also like Baby Whisperer...
I read part of the books --what to expect while you are expecting, but most of it, I chose not to read---all the negatives can get your focus of the Lord.
I recommend a baby journal calendar book. I don't remember the name exactly but Target sold them. I loved it and kept it for all four kids and recorded things in there...you could do the same from the adoption stand point.
Thanks to Meg, I couldn't have survived without the Baby Whisperer! Read the book, but the message boards helped the most.
I love Dr Sears and Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Marc Weissbluth. Saved the life of my sanity and fit with my parenting style.
SOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you!!
Baby Wise...remember, it is not the Bible, so just pick and choose what you think is reasonable out of it, but it was wonderful for Lake's personality. Then, if you have time (time??? what's that?) it is never too early to start "Shepharding a Child's Heart." It is deep and eye-opening, but it brings up lots of good discussion between you and your hubby BEFORE it is time to bring action on the issue of discipline. Love you Corrie! -Kimi
Post a Comment