Monday, June 22, 2009

We passed!

Our visit from the fire marshall this morning was a bit anticlimactic, but in a good way! I cleaned everything (even scrubbed toilets last night) and we tested every fire alarm. My friend Bethany was so sweet to get a twin pack of fire extinguishers when they went through this a few months ago. They gave us the other one so we'd be prepared. You know you're adopting when you get fire extinguishers as baby gifts!! :) Maybe we should have gotten these to make us look extra kid-friendly...

He was only here for less than 5 minutes! He checked our water heater, fuse panel, smoke detectors, and fire extinguishers. All that worrying for nothing!

A lot of you have looked at us wide-eyed as you listened to everything that goes in to adopting a baby. We had that same feeling when we heard all the hoops we would have to jump through! It was really hard at first to come to grips with the feeling that it was unfair that others can just have a baby with out any certification process at all, even if they are definitely not in a place where they are ready for a baby. Now, I am just excited as we complete each step in the process. They are all good things to do before you have a baby, but I wouldn't have taken the time to do most of them! I think it has to be reassuring to birthmothers to find out that the adoptive parents are so thouroughly checked out before they can accept a baby.

I headed over to Office Depot to copy our entire binder of paperwork. (Thanks for the tip, Holly!) I'd hate to have to start over if it got lost! Then I got it mailed off. WHEW! I feel SO RELIEVED to have it out of our hands! Now I'm starting our scrapbook with the hundreds of pictures we've been taking and collecting since January. That's the last part that we have to do, then we just have to wait for our agency to schedule the home visit...

1 comment:

Holly, Ben, and Reid said...

I get excited for you each time you talk about another thing crossed off the adoption To-Do list!!! Like you, we felt so great each time we completed another task...each little thing puts you one step closer to the baby God has chosen for your family! Isn't it amazing that He already knows your sweet baby and has all of his/her days perfectly planned??? Still praying for you guys!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails