Happy 1st Birthday, Tatem Rose!
A SPRINKLES Party!
Party Pics
Peas in a pod
Yes! I LOVE it! (The many obsessions of an almost 3 year old)
Breastfeeding vs. formula...the stuff you won't read in a book:)
I LOVE YOU!
Rejoicing over T's 1st HEALTHY well check!!
Traditions
H
Dancing baby
A
Yipee, I'm three!!
Today we went to Tatem's 12 month well check. Guess what?!! She's HEALTHY! That's right, for the 1st time we went to a well check and didn't come away with a scary new diagnosis! Check out the past year:
When Tatem was born, she was just gorgeous and snuggly. The pediatrician on call said her head was "squished." We didn't like him so much!
2 month well check
She was diagnosed with torticollis, and began weekly trips to see her physical therapist, the AMAZING Miss Morgan. We also started doing her neck stretches at home 6-8 times a day. I was a bit over the edge at first, but it soon became so normal.
She was diagnosed with torticollis, and began weekly trips to see her physical therapist, the AMAZING Miss Morgan. We also started doing her neck stretches at home 6-8 times a day. I was a bit over the edge at first, but it soon became so normal.
4 month well check
Tatem was diagnosed with Phlageocephaly! This asymmetrical head problem is really common among Torticollis babies, since they like to lay on the same side of their still-squishable heads. Tatem was fitted with her oh-so-fashionable helmet. It took me about 2 minutes to scotch tape a bow on there!
Tatem was diagnosed with Phlageocephaly! This asymmetrical head problem is really common among Torticollis babies, since they like to lay on the same side of their still-squishable heads. Tatem was fitted with her oh-so-fashionable helmet. It took me about 2 minutes to scotch tape a bow on there!

6 month well check
We were kind of expecting the other things, but we were shocked to find out she also had hip dysplaysia! Thankfully she was able to wear this soft, removable harness instead of the full body cast the doctor originally said she needed! It was HARD to bring my baby in public in this head- to- toe get up. People were so kind, and it seemed like everyone we saw managed to strike up a conversation about it!

9 month well check
I filled out the developmental paperwork for her appointment and soon realized I wasn't able to check off many boxes. :( As a matter of fact, little miss was behind in every single area (speech/communication, gross motor skills, fine motor skills, social development and whatever other categories they had!). Tatem's doctor said I could wait until her 12 month check up or call ECI (the state's early childhood intervention program), but we opted to work with Tatem's physical therapist instead. I quit treating Tatem like a newborn, and we got to work!!
As a Christian, God does not promise me a perfect life, free from any problems. He DOES promise to be right there with me, every step of the way. We are so thankful for Tatem's complete and total healing!! I am so thankful that my God was there to comfort me and give me peace through the past year of so many things we were not expecting for our beautiful baby girl.

9 month well check
I filled out the developmental paperwork for her appointment and soon realized I wasn't able to check off many boxes. :( As a matter of fact, little miss was behind in every single area (speech/communication, gross motor skills, fine motor skills, social development and whatever other categories they had!). Tatem's doctor said I could wait until her 12 month check up or call ECI (the state's early childhood intervention program), but we opted to work with Tatem's physical therapist instead. I quit treating Tatem like a newborn, and we got to work!!
12 month well check
Tatem can talk, walk, play peek-a book, wave good-bye, throw a purse over her arm, pick up her favorite tiny black beans and frozen peas...she's right where she needs to be! We are SO, SO thankful for such a great report. This morning her doctor said she looks like a very healthy little girl. :) We will continue PT for a bit longer to help strengthen her neck as she learns to walk, but all the other problems are completely healed! No more x-rays or sonos or appointments with specialists or stinky helmets or driving all over town!
As a Christian, God does not promise me a perfect life, free from any problems. He DOES promise to be right there with me, every step of the way. We are so thankful for Tatem's complete and total healing!! I am so thankful that my God was there to comfort me and give me peace through the past year of so many things we were not expecting for our beautiful baby girl.

1 comment:
What a blessed baby girl! God is so good! Happy Birthday to Landrie & Tatem! ! :)
Post a Comment