Wednesday, July 29, 2009

THE CALL!!!!!!

Well, I hope you're sitting down!!!! I know I sure wasn't expecting to hear anything like this when I woke up today! I quickly checked my cell phone before I ran out the door this morning. I noticed I had a missed call from OUR ADOPTION AGENCY!

I called right away, thinking it was probably about scheduling our home study time for this weekend. The director wanted to know if I had checked my messages. I told her that I noticed that I had missed a call from her, but hadn't checked my messages yet. She said, "Well, actually I've tried to call you several times last night and this morning." My heart dropped out of my chest!! I couldn't believe the next words that came from her mouth, "We have a birth mom who has narrowed it down to you guys and another couple." She was so calm, and I just wanted to scream! WE ARE MEETING OUR POTENTIAL BIRTH MOTHER FOR LUNCH ON TUESDAY! She is also meeting another couple on Tuesday, and hopefully she'll choose between the two of us next week. This is not a for sure match, but we have a 50/50 chance that she'll pick us! Out of respect for her privacy, we are not sharing details about her or her situation, but I will tell you that that the agency director said she was "cute." :) She is due in October, which is unbelievably close! I was so flustered and excited that I completely forgot to ask if it's a boy or a girl. I guess we'll find out soon!

We've had so much fun telling our families and a few friends today. It is great to have some good news to share. :) We are NOT releasing the name of the restaurant though. As much as I love your idea of you all picketing around the restaurant with "Pick Mark and Corrie" signs, I think that might freak her out a bit :)

**As I am typing this, Mark just said, " Do you realize that we could be parents in 2 MONTHS?!!" YIKES. I am beyond excited!**

Although it is hard not to try to compete with the other couple, we are constantly reminding ourselves that no matter what we say or do on Tuesday, God has already picked out this baby's parents, and they may or may not be us. It helps the nerves, but I still have vacillated between crying, laughing, and wanting to throw up all day long! Please pray for this sweet girl that she will have peace about her decision. Also, please pray for our nerves, and that we will be able to accept her decision either way.

Thank you for sharing in our excitement and joy! We've still got to finish our home study this Friday, and then we have our big meeting on Tuesday. We'll keep all of you posted through all the craziness!!

6 comments:

Kimi said...

I started crying around about the part where Mark said "Do you realize we could be parents in 2 months"! I am so overwhelmed for you guys, for all the emotions and for the wait you will have to endure before meeting her and then finding out if she chose you. But you are right that God knows who are the parents of that baby already. I will pray that He will give you the desire of your heart though.
Let us know when you find out if it is a Corrie or a Mark.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you!! :)

Noodles & Hot Dogs said...

Sweet Mark and Corrie-
I am crying!!! I can't stand it!!! We are so excited for you guys and asking God to give you patience and endurance during this time. We love you guys and can't wait to hear the news!!!

Unknown said...

I'm still screaming cause I'm so excited for you guys!! I couldn't wait to read the blog version of events, cause I think it was more complete than your frazzled version on the phone yesterday! :)

Anonymous said...

When I read this I was so excited that I began to cry. Both of your dreams are about to come true soon. Y'all are going to be such wonderful parents. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Mark & Corrie,
WOW! I had goosebumps reading your blog this morning. I immediately said a prayer for you and the birth Mom. All of you will be continuously in my prayers today.
Love, Vivian Ayers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails