We told Granny that we were going to bring our baby down next time, and she could babysit while we tube the river. She happily agreed!
Then we were off to Corpus to visit Nonny. My parents were there too, so we got two visits for the price of one! My mom has been knitting at a breakneck speed and has already completed our sweet baby blanket! Yes, it is as soft as it looks. Don't you just want to touch it?
We also shopped for yarn for Nonny to start on a blanket. WOW! This little one will be warm and snugly for sure. :)
On the 4th Mark and I headed out to the beach. It was beautiful! It was about as crowded as I've ever seen it! Well, not as crowded as this beach...
...but full of Texans celebrating the 4th! It was a cool 88 degrees out there, and the beaches were all cleaned up and ready for the holiday weekend. Of course there were adorable babies everywhere, getting their toes dipped in the water for the "first trip to the beach" photo op. One day we'll be doing the same thing!
On the evening of the 4th, Uncle Mark and Aunt Bernadette came over, along with my cousin Kim and their 3 little ones. I got to meet sweet little baby Cale for the first time. What a cutie! (I think he said something about how he can't wait to see his aunts this week, but I'm not sure.)We had a big family dinner and got out on the deck just in time for the fireworks show to begin. Nonny's place is on Corpus Christi Bay, so we had front row seats without ever leaving the house!
(My camera battery went out, so that's where the actual pictures stop, but the fireworks looked almost this good...)
Sunday night we went to a Hooks game. Have you been? If not, put it on your list of things to do next time you are visiting Corpus. The Hooks may have lost, but my dad's dancing got him on the Jumbo tron, so I think it was a success!



No comments:
Post a Comment