Saturday, May 14, 2011

20 month old!

So how long do I keep saying Landrie's age in months?  I'm starting to feel like it's a bit much. :)  I guess at this point I'll start just saying that she's almost TWO!  GULP!
Landrie LOVES to help!  Here she is helping me bring in the groceries.  She would put her stuff down and run back to the garage!  She also loves to help transfer the wet clothes to the dryer.  One.by.one.  She also likes to wash her own hair and pour the water over her head!  She manages to get one little spot really clean. :)

She loves to take off her shoes (like as soon as we get in the car!) and to wear any shoes we leave laying around.  Here I caught her in the middle of doing both!  Two months ago she was outgrowing her little size 3s, and last weekend we bought her these size 5 1/2 sandals.  Mark and I have ridiculously big feet, so she fits right in. :)

ROAR!!!!  She loves to make all of her animal noises, especially when we call Daddy at work. :)  This time she was REALLY excited, because she was looking at an actual lion.  I have a post in the works of our Gotcha Day celebration at the zoo!

This girl can't get enough of her friends!  She loves play dates, time with cousins and going to church.  Lake, Smith and Thomas spend two days a week with us, and she runs, usually squealing, to the door when they get here!  She has no fear and thinks she can do everything the big boys can. :)

Is she too young to sign up for the summer reading programs??  Landrie is perfectly happy to read all day long.   Her favorite is being read to, but she's also happy finding a comfy spot and just "reading" away.  It makes this book-lover's heart so happy!  (and yes, she is madly in love with "Mel-mo")

She's also pretty cute with her baby sister.  She hugs and kisses my belly and even offered my belly button a drink from her sippy cup!  We went to visit several friends with newborns and she said "baby!" over and over in the car on our way there.  She was mighty cuddly when I held those newborns.

Speaking of "Mel-mo," this cutie is talking up a storm!  At 18 months she could say 15-20 words, but now, just 2 months later, she can say more than I can count!  She'll also attempt to repeat anything we ask her to say.  Sometimes it's really close, and other times, she at least gets an A for effort!

Could she be any more proud of herself??  This was one of those classic times you hear about; when they are too quiet, they're up to no good!  This was not her first time to find the markers.  I guess they need to go in the fireproof safe.  She's quite the artist!

Let's see... Here's a few more things that I want to remember that don't have cute pictures. :)  Now that we are having another one, I realize that if I don't have things written down, I can't remember them!

-She can still wear most of her 12-18 month stuff, but we've started breaking into the 18-24 month stuff too.    

-She eats most anything, but eats tiny portions.  She loves Mexican food, especially salsa, or anything that she can dip. 

-Landrie's started helping with picking up her toys.  I love this!

-She's still a master at pretend.  She feeds her babies and stuffed animals and loves to grab baskets or bags and go "bye-bye."

-She got a new freckle last week!  I kept scrubbing her face until I finally realized she has a tiny freckle by her mouth. :)

-She is OBSESSED with going to check the mail out front when Mark gets home from work.  It's the first thing she says to him when he walks in the door!

-She can count a little.  It goes like this "ewwwwww...eeeeee!"  (two...three!)  I don't think she likes the one. She also can identify the letter B.  Thank you, letter of the day on Sesame Street!

-Remember how I posted that she started saying "no" on Easter?   Well, it's turned into a soft little "nononononono" or a "noooooooooooooooo."  She doesn't yell it, but she says it a LOT.  Even if she means yes, we'll get a "nononononononono."

Oh, how we love this precious baby girl!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the pic with the markers!! She is so very proud of herself!

And you know if she's almost two then mine is almost one! Eeek!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails