24 weeks=6 MONTHS!
Belly update: Well, at my check up a week ago, I was measuring right on schedule! They measure the height of your belly with a measuring tape, and my doctor said you want the number of centimeters to be within 3 cm of the # of weeks you are. I was 22 weeks, 6 days, and I measured 22 cm! It was amazing to find out that my uterus has already stretched to about 2 inches above my belly button! Baby Center says it's already the size of a soccer ball. WOW!

What's Baby Long up to?: Our little GIRL is about a foot long and a bit over a pound!



Picture from Baby Center
She's as long as your lunch!
She gave us QUITE a scare on Mother's Day. Mark's always asking how she's doing and if she's kicking. Well, Sunday night he asked and I couldn't remember feeling her since church! Usually that's not a big deal; I just shake my belly and she responds right away. I shook and she stayed still. Then I jumped up and down, shook some more, shined a flashlight up to my belly, chugged 2 glasses or juice and made lots of loud noise. Still nothing. I think we laid there, with Mark's hand on my belly, for over an hour. Finally, I got the teeny-tiniest little flutter. It wasn't until Monday after lunch that she resumed her normal acrobatics! I'm so thankful she's okay!
Cravings: I think I'm officially over drinking Kool aid and eating candy for meals. I've been eating much healthier. Well, kind of. Can you really blame me for making these heavenly peanut butter balls?

I guess I also convinced my friend (who is also expecting!) to go to Wataburger at 10pm last night... Really, though, most meals are much healthier! :)
Best part of these 2 weeks: Visiting 3 friends with babies less than 2 weeks old on Friday and knowing that will be us soon!!!
I'm looking forward to: My first plane ride as a pregnant woman. Usually I avoid those airplane restrooms like the plague, but I don't think I'll make it this time!
To please the multiple girls who suggested that I now do the whole row in orange, here it is. :)
(I published a post from Sunday night this morning, so check out the latest nursery ideas!)


No comments:
Post a Comment