So, a week or two ago, my friend called me and said she wanted to take me out to eat on my birthday. The day before my birthday, Mark said, "You know, I don't think I can let Bethany take you out on your birthday. I want to take you out." Yes, he made me call and cancel the day before. Thankfully, she was really sweet about it, and we rescheduled.
The night of my birthday, Mark and I got ready for dinner and headed out to eat. We arrived at The Cheesecake Factory (YUM!) and there was no line. Mark walked up to the counter and said, "Mark, party of 2." The hostesses looked at each other, and one repeated what he just said, only she way exagerated it. I thought she was making fun of him! Little did I know, it was all a code...
They walked us through the restaraunt, and we finally rounded a corner. That's when I heard, "SURPRISE!!!"
I was shocked! There was a table full of sweet friends from church! Bethany planned the whole thing, and Mark came up with the twist at the end to make sure I really had no idea. :)
Mark headed home, (as much as he would have loved to hang out with a bunch of girls...) and we had a great time!
Bethany, Lindsay, Nicole, Tracy, me, Alicia, and Amber (Shari too! She just had to leave before this picture.)
They even wrote "Happy Birthday Corrie" around the edge of the plate. :)
The night of my birthday, Mark and I got ready for dinner and headed out to eat. We arrived at The Cheesecake Factory (YUM!) and there was no line. Mark walked up to the counter and said, "Mark, party of 2." The hostesses looked at each other, and one repeated what he just said, only she way exagerated it. I thought she was making fun of him! Little did I know, it was all a code...
They walked us through the restaraunt, and we finally rounded a corner. That's when I heard, "SURPRISE!!!"
I was shocked! There was a table full of sweet friends from church! Bethany planned the whole thing, and Mark came up with the twist at the end to make sure I really had no idea. :)
Mark headed home, (as much as he would have loved to hang out with a bunch of girls...) and we had a great time!
That night was great, but so was the rest of the day! Thanks for the cards, gifts, phone calls, FB notes, and thank you to my team for my yummy lunch! If you are a teacher, or know a teacher, you know how special lunch from a REAL restaurant during the middle of a workday is!
It's hard to believe how much can happen in one year. Last year was really tough birthday (a milestone birthday with no baby), and I didn't feel like celebrating at all. This year, I can't stop smiling!!
This weekend is BABY weekend! We'll be working on all things baby all weekend long. It's a good thing we have Monday off!
1 comment:
How fun!!! I'm so happy you have people up there to love on you since the rest of us are so far away!! :)
Post a Comment