Tuesday, August 16, 2011

38 week update!


38 weeks
***We are NOT getting induced tonight or tomorrow!!***


Belly update: At today's appointment, my belly measured 34 weeks.  It grew!

What's Baby Long up to?: We had a sonogram a few hours ago with the specialist again and got great news!  Tatem is HEALTHY and active, and she gained more weight!  She measured to be 6 lbs., 7 oz!  She's gone from the 7th to the 19th to the 24th% in the past 2.5 weeks.  We were SO thankful to hear this answer to prayers!  

Cravings:  I've still been eating lots of protein, but I added in lots of Fun Dip too.  Seems to be a good combo! :)

Best part of this week: Was hearing the specialist say, "There is no longer a medical need to induce you before 40 weeks!"  We had all of our bags packed and in the car, Landrie and I had matching pink toes, and Mark had cleared his work calendar.  We were almost certain that we would go to the hospital tonight and be induced in the morning.   Our prayer was for wisdom to know what to do and that the choice would be very clear.  It doesn't get much more clear than that!  I was never a fan of being induced, but obviously want to do what's best for Tatem.  Now I get to go into labor on my own, and Tatem gets to "cook" a bit longer!   (Would she cook better out here?  It's way hotter than 98.6!!) :)

I'm looking forward to: Telling Mark, "It's time!"
38weeks!

2 more spots for 2 more weeks!

Guess what?  Van Reet Photography has a special for all of you here in the DFW area!  Mention that I sent you, and you'll get $20 off your session!   And just because I love them, here are a few more shots of my loves loving on Tatem. :)






4 comments:

The Herd said...

Awesome to hear...I know you are so excited, but now little Tatem gets to come with more surprise and excitement!!!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Praise Jesus! I'm so happy to hear all is well with Tatem! You look fantastically beautiful, as always!

Mark and Corrie said...

Karen- That's what I told Mark! Now we may get to have that rush to the hospital moment!

Charla- Thank you so much! I am LOVING the updates on your precious little miracle twins. They are too cute!

Kelley said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! I found your blog once we started looking into adoption and I have enjoyed following it and catching up on your adoption of your cute little Landrie! I'm praying for a safe delivery of your second little blessing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails