Thursday night I got one of those calls that makes your stomach sink. My mom said, "Your dad and I are fine, but..." Ugh... I knew it wasn't good news.
Please pray with us for my sweet grandma, Nonny! She collapsed, and they think she had a heart attack. She lives alone, so thankfully she was out to dinner with my uncle when it happened. He said she was completely unresponsive. He called the ambulance, and they were able to rush her to the closest hospital. They had to do CPR in the ambulance because she was unresponsive again.
There are so many things I am thankful for in the middle of this.
-She was with my uncle, who is a doctor.
-She was sitting in the car when she collapsed, and not walking. No one wants her to go through another broken hip!
-Although she was completely unresponsive several times, God breathed life back into her!
-I got to talk with her for a few seconds last night, and of course, in the middle of all this, she just wanted to check on me and make sure I wasn't in labor. That means she's coherent and herself!
Please join me in praying for her complete recovery! We all love her so much!
***Saturday afternoon update: Thank you all for praying for Nonny! Today they hope to move her out of ICU and into a normal room! The doctors have run many, many tests to see what happened. The good news is that they haven't found anything bad (like that she would need a quadruple bypass), but that makes it difficult because they also don't know why this happened. We would love for them to find a reason for this that is simple to treat, so we can be sure it won't happen again. She is surrounded by LOTS of family this weekend, and is well-loved and covered in prayer. We are so thankful!

3 comments:
praying...you had me ...at my parents said they were fine...ugh!! Hoping that your Nanny recovers well and quickly!
Praying for your Nonny, you and sweet tiny baby girl! Believing for great health for everyone! Can't wait to see the "she's here!" post! Hugs!
I am glad to hear your Nonny is doing better!
Post a Comment