Saturday, August 13, 2011

Back to School!

It's that time of year again!  In Texas, teachers and kids are frantically prepping and shopping for the big FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!  I taught for 9 years, and this part of the year was my favorite.  Everything's fresh and new, and I had a whole new room of kids to meet.  Of course you want to make a great first impression, so here are some fun ideas to bring to Meet the Teacher or the first day of school!

What a cute wreath for her door or behind her desk.  See the directions here.

I love these because you can easily make them for several teachers! Well, that and because they involve Rolos, one of my favorites. :) The tutorial is here.

If you are REALLY ambitious, or if you just went a bit overboard during all those good school supply sales, you could make this "cake!"  Any teacher I know would say YUM. :)  The tutorial is here.  Now is a great time to make this since these things are so cheap!  You could even make one to save for your school's auction later in the year...it would be a great seller!

This one's for you bakers or chocolate lovers!  How easy and adorable??  The directions are here and so easy your kids could do it!

I don't know that I've ever met a teacher who DIDN'T have a sweet tooth.  :)  This blog post has cute ideas for caramel apples and other cute stuff, PLUS, she includes the printables!  You get to cheat and just look super-crafty!

Want to see last year's back to school "Make Your Teacher Love You" post?  Just click here for lots of ideas that will get you an A+ in her book!

If you like to plan ahead, you can check out my "12 Days of Christmas-Teacher Edition" post for 12 more fun ideas in every price range. :)

Happy first day!!

On a side note, I found all of these ideas on my new favorite site, Pinterest!  It's the best of the internet, all in one place! You can "pin" favorites that you find on the internet to your virtual boards so they are all in one place.  Follow people with your same taste and let them do all the searching for you!  :)  If you want to follow me, try this link: http://pinterest.com/corlistal/

10 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm a teacher and have never received anything like these gifts! Love the crayon wreath! I may just have to make one myself!

Kelli Kegley said...

I found your blog on Kelly's Korner (on the how did you tell your family you were pregnant post) and have been reading :) I am so happy for y'all and am praying for Tatem to continue to grow, grow, grow! Your sweet Landrie is just beautiful, too!

Anyway, I'll quit my rambling and tell you that I love your teacher gift ideas posts! My son is only 17 months old, but I am saving all of these ideas :) I have always worried about what to get a teacher, and I know that since you were one, that you know what you are talking about! ha

BritSchmidt said...

I love your ideas! I have a 5 year old starting Kindergarten so I've been thinking of a "first day" gift. I have also "pinned" the crayon wreath and also "pinned" the rest of your ideas! Thanks so much! Still praying for the Long family..

carriepenka said...

I also found you on Kelly's Korner. Love your blog! I am an adoptive mom of two beautiful little girls -ages 4 and 1 (as of last week). I am a teacher and I love these ideas! I already made the Andes mint gifts for my oldest daughter to take to meet the teacher night on Tuesday for preschool. So happy for you and your family!

Mark and Corrie said...

Oh, I am so glad you girls found some fun ideas for your kids's teachers. Teachers work SO hard, and I can assure you they will be bragging about the sweet parents in their class to their co-workers. :)

Thank you also for praying for Tatem! Hopefully we can hold out for a few more days so she can grow, grow, grow! We can't wait to meet her and introduce her to her sweet big sister!

Finding Normal said...

From one teacher to another, I love all of these ideas! I don't have the time or patience to make them these days, but I did send in a little Rubbermaid of chocolate to each teacher, with a fun label that said Sanity Box. Hey, everyone loves chocolate, right? ;)

Sarah said...

Fantastic ideas! As a teacher I would love any of these. So often it is just the very idea that someone took their valuable time to do something for me. I usually tear up when that happens. I would love to follow you on Pinterest ??? Your ideas are so neat. I pinned two of them already. Praying for your new little one!

Theresa said...

Adorable ideas!!!

Abramyan Avenue said...

Those are some amazing ideas!! LOVE the crayola wreath!!
-april

Anonymous said...

I love the apple treat! I will have to try to make some.

I would love for you link up to my Back to School Traditions link up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails